Friday, June 7, 2013

Chock Full of Beans

It is said that 早餐食得多,午餐食得好,晚餐食得少. To follow that I reckon brunch should be good food in abundance! 

I first found out about Chock Full of Beans from a photo posted on Facebook by a colleague so I was looking forward to trying their coffee on that Saturday morning. Tucked away at the corner of Changi Village, their shopfront was small and cosy and most seating was alfresco. The tables were quite close to each other and there was not a single empty seat when we arrived, which was a prove of the popularity of this coffee joint.
They are very creative with their coffee art and were most accommodating when I asked for Totoro on my cappuccino! Not only did I enjoy the presentation, but also the coffee itself. It was delicious and creamy and the foam was soft and smooth. I was drinking it with much unnecessary caution so not to disturb the pattern until the end :P 
It was definitely the best cappuccino I have had in Singapore.
The iced latte was also skilfully decorated with a beautiful coffee art. It was a tasty drink on a hot summer day without being too syrupy.
Chock Full of Big Breakfast was their take of the full English breakfast. Scrambled egg was soft without being overcooked, served with thick multigrain bread that had been slightly toasted. W enjoyed the crispy bacon but the chicken sausages were a bit bland in comparison. 
Bagel and cream cheese is always a winning combo. The bagel was doughy and dense and the sesame crust was crispy.  
I was feeling greedy when I ordered the brûlée French toast served with peach, maple syrup and whipped cream with seasonal mixed fruits. The thick, golden-crusted toast absorbed the goodness of the syrup like a sponge and the almond slivers added the much needed crunch. 

From the coffee and the coffee art to the relaxing environment and friendly staff, I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at CFOB. I could only wish it was closer to my home.

Chock Full of Beans
#01-2090, Block 4, Changi Village Road

While waiting for our table we had the opportunity to wander around the neighbourhood of the Changi Village. Among the bike shops, bakeries and restaurant was a small café selling pastries and puffs. The menu was limited but the mango crêpe that we tried was surprisingly tasty. Filled with fresh mango pieces and whipped cream, it was soft and fresh with just the right amount of sweetness. We liked it so much that we have already become returned customers!

Crêpe & Puffs
#01-2080, Block 4, Changi Village Road

No comments:

Post a Comment