Sunday, May 26, 2013

Blog Re-Opening!

It is no secret that Singapore is not exactly my favourite city to live in. Although I have got used to the many aspects of living here (such as the suffocating heat, the complete lack of change in season, the always-overly-salted-and-spicy food in hawker centres, the incomprehensible Singlish to name a few), the light-cooking-only policy still bothers me. It is beyond me why people can bear to eat out everyday while they have a perfectly functioning kitchen at home! 

I miss the joy of picking fresh produce from the weekend farmers' market, browsing through online recipes accompanied with mouthwatering photographs, spending a whole afternoon trying out new recipes and the smell of freshly baked cakes in the house. Not to mention the exhilarating satisfaction that you get when you get compliments from people who have tried your cooking. Indeed I am starting to worry that I may be losing my skills as a baker!

But no cooking should not equate to no writing. Having a devoted foodie as your boyfriend gives you the obligation to try out different restaurants. Being such a multiracial city, Singapore has a lot of cuisines to offer, from Peranakan and Korean, to Lebanese and Swedish (and I am not just talking about IKEA meatballs!). Aware of the countless existing food blogs, I will try to alternate restaurant reviews with other materials.  

So it is time to get over my year-long writer's block and start blogging again!




No comments:

Post a Comment