Saturday, August 7, 2010

The West End Market

Out of all the outdoor markets in Brisbane, the West End Market is probably the most talked of. From so many people I have heard of how good the stalls are. It's not just the local residents who live in the south or around the CBD who go there regularly. People from the north seem to think it is worth the travelling to go there every Saturday morning as well. So I did have high hopes when I went there today for the first time.
And I did enjoy it a lot. It's got a real mixed variety of stalls eg fruits and veggies, flowers, seafood, hand-made jeweleries, vintage clothes, preserves and jams, sweets, fresh coffee, food stalls etc. Despite the mix-up with the buses etc I had a nice time!


Funny-looking cinnamon rolls

Spinach & cheese puff pastries,
a very delicious Hungarian dish that is cooked with an iron!!


1 comment: