Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Iron Man 2

Today was one of those days that started off with a huge panic and finished with a good ending. Just before I left the house for work, I could not find my keys. I took everything out of my bag, looked at it inside out, went through the several piles of clothes in the bedroom, looked under the cushions of the sofa in the living room, searched all the pockets of my jackets, my pants, went through all the drawers and my keys were nowhere to be seen. Less than 9 minutes before my train I had to leave home without my keys and on the train ride I said my prayer to St Anthony and asked him to help me find them. And when I arrived home at night and tipped everything out of my bag, my keys just dropped out of nowhere and appeared right in front of me. How can it be that they have been in my bag for the whole time and I could not find them all day I really can't explain. But once again St Anthony saved my day and, being such a careless person, I am so glad he is the patron saint of lost items.

Upon the invitation of Winnie we went to see the film Iron Man 2 today. Thinking that it was a "boy movie" I have not seen the first one and I did not expect to enjoy this one either. My lack of expectation may have contributed to this but I actually liked this film quite a lot. No I have never read the original comic so I cannot compare. And yes it is still a boy movie. The car racing, the explosions and the robots fighting each other are probably a bit of a overkill. And it really is not necessary that we see Scarlett Johansson change clothes or that she always wears something either tight or low-cut or both. Plus the ending seems a bit abrupt and illogical. But the script is full of witty dialogues and the cast is fantastic. Robert Downey is terrific as Tony Stark/Iron Man. He is arrogant, self-centred and narcissistic but absolutely charming. There is great chemistry between him and Gwyneth Paltrow, who by the way looks amazing in whatever she wears. Scarlett Johansson on the other hand does not have a huge role apart from a few matrix-style actions and sexy-looking outfits. Overall i find the film funny, quick-paced and really entertaining.


And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Paltrow's outfits in the film!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment