Friday, May 28, 2010

Cookie Craving

On my train ride back home from work today, I had the biggest craving for cookies. I could have used my old recipe but decided to try a new one. I have never used self-raising flour for cookies before so I went with this one from the book Easy Baking.I have to say I am not 100% happy with the recipe. I do not have a scale at home so I converted the measurement to cups from grams. I have also adjusted baking time slightly but otherwise followed the recipe to the T. The amount of butter stated just was not enough to bind all the flour together. After combining the wet and dry ingredients together, the dough was really crumbly even after a lot of mixing. I ended up having to stir in excess butter into the batter in order to bring all ingredients together. And that is probably why the cookies turned out to be extremely buttery and crunchy. I divided the batter into two portions and made two different types: Chocolate & almond and Chocolate & cranberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment