Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cranberry & Raisin Oatmeal Cookies

I have been so sleep deprived this week. Having worked six days in a row did not do much good to my energy level either. I wish I am one of those people who can sleep in for as many hours as they want. I was craving some sweet treats so I ended up making these cookies.
I love oatmeal cookies for their chewiness. These have dried fruits in them, giving them a lighter and fruity sweetness. I suspect they would taste really good with choc chips in them too~

Cranberry and Raisin Oatmeal Cookies, adopted from Baking Bites

1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar

1 large egg

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup wholemeal plain flour

1/4 cup wheat germ

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 cup dried cranberries

1/2 cup raisins

1 1/4 cup rolled oats


1) Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.

2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Stir in vanilla extract.

3) In a separate bowl, mix together flour, wheat germ, baking soda and baking powder. Add in dried fruits.

4) Slowly incorporate the dry mixture into the butter mixture. Add in the rolled oats and stir well.

5) Drop 2.5cm balls on the lined baking sheet, about 2cm apart. Slightly flatten the balls. Baking for approx 11-12 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown. Leave cookies on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before putting them on a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment